The Gaston County Carolina Club invites you to join us on Tuesday, April 21 for our annual fundraiser, featuring guest speaker Coach Charlotte Smith. All proceeds go to the Richard M. Penegar ’52 Scholarship, awarded annually to Gaston County students attending UNC.
COVID-19 Update: Our highest priority continues to be the health and well-being of our alumni and friends as we navigate the evolving impact of coronavirus. We have decided to postpone this event in light of the situation. A new date has not yet been set, but will be shared as soon as one is identified for the fall.
- $50 General admission
- $35 UNC GAA member admission
- Includes heavy hors d’oeuvres and a drink ticket
- We will be raffling off a signed basketball!
There are two levels of sponsors for this event- Bell Tower and Old Well. Both Bell Tower and Old Well sponsors are invited to a Meet and Greet with Coach Charlotte Smith, beginning at 6:30 p.m.
- Bell Tower Sponsor – $250: Receives one ticket to the event and rolling advertising on screen during the event, along with special recognition as a sponsor.
- Old Well Sponsor – $500: Receives two tickets to the event and rolling advertising on screen during the event, along with special recognition as a sponsor.
Checks from sponsors can be made out to the Gaston County Carolina Club.
About the Speaker
Charlotte Smith, former UNC star women’s basketball player, is currently the women’s basketball coach at Elon. In 1994, she was awarded the Most Outstanding Player in the final four when her last minute shot helped UNC win the NCAA Women’s Championship. She played in the WNBA for 10 years and began her coaching career as an assistant for UNC in 2002. She was named head coach at Elon in 2016, winning coach of the year and leading her team to its first-ever NCAA tournament appearance.